Friday, September 3, 2010

Verizon Not Shipping Droid X Until 9/10

Having purchased a Droid X by Motorola from Verizon on August 26, 2010, the "nice young man" that sold me the phone said it would be on it's way by FedEx shortly. What he failed to impart was that his version of shortly involved a wait of 15 days before Verizon will ship it, due to lack of product availability.

I keep saying to myself, I should have gone for the iPhone. The I realize that would not have been very smart. With the iPhone via AT&T service, I would have to watch my data usage every month. With the Droid X via Verizon Service, I'm on the unlimited data plan for $25 bucks a month.

Well, in the meantime, I have not been idle. All the accessories that I purchased with the phone and will arrive with it, will be going back to the Verizon store. It seems that you can buy them all on Amazon.com for a fraction of the cost.

UPDATE: The items from Amazon are starting to come in now. All are Motorola original equipment (OEM). Top Quality.

TO VERIZON: Hello... Hello... Can you hear me know???? Oh, wait... I don't have my new phone YET!!!!